The research & development team at TMC Transformers has drawn on its extensive know-how to develop a new Class H insulation system based on advanced resin technology that can improve the performance and life cycle of transformers.
This technology is called H-Art180°.
The benefits of this technology developed by TMC include:
- Longer-lasting insulation
four times the lifetime of standard transformers, the most reliable high-voltage design on the market;
- No nuisance alarm/trip conditions
Designed to work at full load at extreme temperatures (exposure to the elements, difficult production environments, etc.)
- Specially designed for networks with high harmonic content
Ability to adapt the project to a specific harmonic content, without reducing the life expectancy of the asset.
The H-Art180° technology makes the transformers:
- ideal for traction applications to cope with overloading
- capable of running continuously after overload without thermal ageing of the insulation
- more durable than class F transformers
- suitable for use in networks with high harmonic content without the risk of overheating or deterioration of the insulation
- capable of withstanding overloads during normal operation without further reduction of power.